About Cool Monkey
Residents demand a little bit more from their local restaurants and here at Cool monkey they get it. Packing a little more punch than the usual Thai restaurant, Cool Monkey is modern, fashionable and a real place to be seen at. From the funky dark wood and chrome-look exterior to the super sleek interior Cool Monkey has a great, laid back vibe but that doesn't detract from those two bastions of the Thai restaurant business - fabulous service and great, authentic food. Expect classic Thai cookery complete with authentic and fresh flavours plus an impressive vegetarian selection. With a surprisingly good wine list, Cool Monkey is a neighbourhood restaurant with big city style.
Sample a la carte
- Steamed dumpling (Thai style steamed pork, prawns and water chestnuts, served alongside with sweet soya sauce) £4.25
- Prawn satay (grilled marinated prawns in satay sauce skewered on wooden sticks, served with peanut sauce and vinaigrette) £5.95
- Aromatic duck (duck marinated and stewed in herbs, accompanied by steamed pancakes, cucumber, spring onion and hoi-sin sauce) £9.95
- Tom kha mushroom soup (hot and sour soup flavoured with lemon grass, lime leaves, galangal and fresh chilli) £4.00
Other starters are available.
- Pineapple fried rice (stir fried rice with prawns, egg, pineapple, soya sauce, vegetables and a dash of red curry sauce) £7.50
- Duc pad nam mun hoi (duck stir fried in oyster sauce with crunch broccoli, mushrooms and spring onions) £7.95
- Thai red beef curry (beef cooked in Thai red curry with coconut milk, vegetables, Thai herbs and sweet basil) £5.95
- Massaman chicken curry (tender chicken cubes cooked with a southern region curry paste with potatoes and peanuts) £6.95
- Scallops with Thai black pepper (stir-fried fresh scallops with baby corn, peppers, onion, broccoli stems and black pepper) £8.95
- Sea bass sam rod (deep fried whole crispy sea bass topped with home made sweet and spicy tamarind sauce with fresh chilli peppers, onion and sweet basil leaves) £12.50
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is avasilable.
6 Clarendon Road, Holland Park, W11 3AA
£25 - £34
Mon - Sun 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 11pm