Shilpa Indian Restaurant
About Shilpa Indian Restaurant
Fans of South Indian cuisine will adore this down-to-earth Keralan curry house in Hammersmith. Shilpa Indian Restaurant’s Head Chef Mr Sunny was trained at the prestigious Taj group of luxury hotels, and his extensive, reasonably priced menu of regional specialties is a hit with local curry-lovers. The dining room at Shilpa - with its lilac walls, cherry red chairs and flat screen TV - is always busy, and popular choices from the menu include the masala dosa - crispy pancakes made from rice and lentil flour served with a spicy potato filling, coconut chutney and sambar; the king prawn manga char curry cooked with king prawns, green mangoes and coconut milk; and the pacha curry khorma - a vegetable curry cooked with cashews.
Sample a la carte
- Rasam soup (hot and sour soup with lentils and tomato) £2.25
- Cocktail masala vada (crispy fried Bengal gram dumpling flavoured with ginger, shallots and garam masala, served with spicy coconut chutney) £2.50
- King fish masala fry (king fish steak marinated in chillies, lime, pepper, salt and grilled) £4.95
- Chicken (chunks of chicken marinated in traditional batter and deep fried) £4.95
Other starters are available.
- Thoran (finely chopped vegetables cooked with grated coconuts tempered with shallots and green chilly) £2.95
- Spicy chicken roast (boneless chicken marinated and crispy fried tossed in dry masala) £5.95
- Erachi olathiyathu (boneless cubes of lamb cooked in turmeric water, then stir fried in open kadai, with an abundance of black pepper, curry leaves and fresh coconut slivers) £6.50
- Kerala fish curry (king fish cooked with garlic, green chillies and coconut milk, goes with appam) £6.50
- Crab pepper masala (crab cooked with garlic, shallots and tomatoes) £8.50
- Chicken khorma (boneless chicken cooked with cashew and coconut gravy) £5.95
Other main courses are available.
- Ada pradhamam (rice flex cooked with jaggery, ghee & coconut milk) £3.50
- Ela ada (pancake made with rice flour stuffed with coconut, sugar, cumin, cardamom and wrapped in banana leaf) £3.50
- Ice cream (vanilla / strawberry / chocolate) £1.50
- Kulfi (mango / almond / pistachio) £2.50
Other desserts are available.
206 King street, Hammersmith, W6 0RA
£24 and Under
Mon - Wed 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 11pm
Thurs - Sat 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 12am
Sun 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 11pm