Brooklyn meets bistro-chic is how we’d describe this divine French restaurant in Twickenham, which could just as likely be found nestled amongst brownstones in Park Slope or boutiques in the Marais. Brula has a delightfully unpretentious neighbourhood vibe, and the critically acclaimed food has earned the restaurant a Michelin Bib Gourmand. The team here have an understated and passionate approach to French dining, and the dining room - with whitewashed walls and walnut chairs - attracts a posh, convivial crowd. The ever changing menu keeps diners on their toes; popular dishes at Brula include the onglet steak with sautéed wild mushrooms, a red wine jus and hand cut chips; and pukka profiteroles with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Sample a la carte
- Chilled watercress soup, warm scotch egg, potted shrimps on toast
- Line caught Cornish mackerel, summer salad of asparagus, cucumber, red chard and horseradish cream
- Salad of barrel aged Feta, aubergine, pistachio, peashoot cress and honey dressing
- Grilled breast of quail, dolmades, houmus and grapes
Other starters are available.
- Ryefield goat's cheese tortellini, char-grilled asparagus and toasted pine nuts
- Grilled sea bass, potato and spring onion pancake, samphire, chive cream sauce
- Halibut grenobloise, spinach and pommes Anna (supplement £ 2.00)
- Roast sea trout, baby fennel and artichoke, sautéed squid and citrus sauce
- Glazed belly of pork, quiche Lorraine, watercress and radish salad
- Roast Poulet Noir, prune sarladaise, buttered hispi cabbage and tarragon sauce
Other main courses are available.
- Crème brûlée
- Profiteroles, vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce
- Lemon and raisin cheese cake with poached English strawberries
- Chocolate bavarois, crème Anglaise and praline
Other desserts are available.
43 Crown Road, St. Margaret, TW1 3EJ
Starters £5.00 lunch, £6.75 dinner
Main courses £10.00 lunch, £15.75 dinner
Dessert £5.00 lunch, £6.50 dinner
£35 - £44
Mon - Sun 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 10:30pm