About Tavistock Tandoori
This classic curry house, located between Kings Cross and Russell Square tube stations in London, is conveniently located for snappy working lunches and post-work Phals. The bright and buzzy restaurant has a modern dining room decorated with fairy lights, blue velvet chairs and crisp linens, and the convivial atmosphere is a hit with local curry aficionados. The kitchen at Tavistock Tandoori cooks up traditional halal Indian and Bengali fare, and we recommend the Prawn Kurma Kashmiri cooked with lychees and cream; the Chicken Dhansak in a sweet and sour lentil sauce; and the Lamb Tikka marinated in yoghurt and spices barbecued in the clay oven. The restaurant has a fully stocked bar with lager on tap.
Sample a la carte
- King prawn on puree (large prawn cooked in herb & spices and served on a thin fried bread) £3.70
- Sheek kebab (minced lamb pungently spiced, skewered & barbecued in the tandoor oven) £2.70
- Tandoori chicken (spring chicken marinated in herbs & spices, cooked over charcoal tandoor) £2.75
- Chicken or vegetable pakora (chicken tikka or vegetable deep fried in gram flour coating) £2.90
Other starters are available.
- Chicken or lamb tikka (chicken or lamb marinated in yogurt & spices, barbequed in clay oven) £4.80
- King prawn shaslick (king prawns marinated in yogurt & spices, barbequed in clay oven with tomatoes, onions and green peppers) £8.50
- Duck tikka £7.50
- Tandoori mixed grill consisting of chicken and lamb tikka, tandoori chicken, sheek kebab and nan £8.50
- Vegetable or mushroom biriyani £5.95
- King prawn kurma £7.95
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
52 Tavistock Place, WC1H 9RG
£24 and under
Mon - Sun 12pm - 3pm & 5pm - midnight