Set inside the swanky Ramada Hotel and Suites in London’s Docklands, next door to the Excel centre, Stresa is an upmarket Italian restaurant dishing up traditional Mediterranean cuisine. The spacious dining room is decorated in a contemporary brasserie style with wooden furniture and cappuccino-coloured walls, and the restaurant is popular with corporate diners and Excel visitors during the week and local families on the weekends. The service here is super-friendly, and signature Stresa dishes include the Caprino pizza made with goat’s cheese, roasted Mediterranean vegetables, fresh basil, olives and tomatoes; the Al Fredo tagliatelle in a cream, egg and parmesan sauce; and the sea bass cooked with fennel and herbs.
Sample a la carte
- Foglioline di manzo con rucola selvatica al profumo di basilica (thinly sliced raw beef served with wild rocket salad
and flavoured with basil coulis) £8.00
- Tegamino de polenta pasticciata con ragu di carne e funghi (pie dish of polenta with white meat and mushrooms) £8.00
- Gamberi e asparagi allo zabaglione d'olio d'oliva (shrimps and asparagus in egg and olive oil sabayon) £10.50
- Insalata caprese (buffalo mozzarella with tomato and basil dressing) £8.50
Other starters are available.
- Ravioli di ricotta e spinaci alla fonduta di pomodoro (ravioli fresh pasta filled with ricotta cheese and fresh spinach in tomato fondue) £9.50
- Costoletta di vitello alla milanese (veal chop in seasoned breadcrumbs served with french fries) £20.00
- Costata di manzo alla griglia (rib-eye steak with chargrilled vegetables and béarnaise sauce) £17.00
- Scaloppa di salmone con melanzane (roasted fillet of fresh salmon served
with casserole of aubergines) £13.50
- Caprino pizza (goat's cheese, tomato, oven roasted mediterranean vegetables,
fresh bazil, red onions and olives) £8.50
- Petto d'anatra al miele e melograno (breast of duck with honey pomegranate sauce
served with buttered mix vegetables) £14.00
Other main courses are available.
- Panna cotta con pere all vino rosso (panna cotta with poached pears in a red wine sauce) £6.85
- Budino di pane con salsa vaniglia (bread and butter with vanilla custard sauce) £6.85
- Selezione di frutta exotica con salse di fruta (selection of exotic fruit with fresh fruit coulis) £9.00
- Spuma di cioccolato in salsa arlecchino (chocolate mousse in Arlecchino sauce) £7.00
Other desserts are available.
Ramada Hotel and Suites, 2 Festoon Way, Excel, E16 1RH
Prince Regent (DLR)
£25 - £34
Mon - Sun 12pm - 10pm