Hop & Spice
About Hop & Spice
When the going gets tough, the tough need to chill out with a cold beer and a delicious curry. Hop and Spice in Balham, London, is the perfect place to share superb Sri Lankan cuisine with friends and family, and the curry-house-come-disco interior with golden Buddha statues and kooky lamps is a fun place to forget all about the hustle and bustle of big city living. Restaurateur Bahi Sivalingam has devised a clever sharing-style Thali menu alongside classic curries like the Kerralan chicken simmered with roasted spices, coconut cream and fresh coriander. Hop and Spice has a brilliant beer menu, and we love the Kandy Mess - a traditional Eton Mess with a passion fruit and mango twist.
Sample a la carte
- Spiced king prawns (marinated in spices, tossed in a pan with onions, peppers and finished with lime juice) £5.95
- Fried spiced chicken (Marinated and lightly fried with caramelised onions, garlic and ginger) £4.95
- Spicy lamb & potato cake (curried minced lamb wrapped in a pancake, crumbed and fried) £4.95
- Vegetable samosas (curried vegetables wrapped in a crisp pastry and served with mango chutney) £4.45
Other starters are available.
- Chilli chicken (marinated overnight in a spiced yoghurt and fried with lots of onion, chilli, curry leaves and finished with fresh lemon) £11.85
- Beef berruwella (small cubes of beef, slow cooked in a rich spicy tomato based sauce with our home roasted curry powder) £12.30
- Fried aubergine salad (aubergine lightly fried and tossed with fresh onion, chilli, lemon and coriander) £10.35
- Kandian scallops (king scallops poached in a delicately spiced sauce) £16.85
- Crispy jackfish (fish steaks coated in spices and then deep fried, served with lots of fried onions and fresh lemon) £12.15
- Jaffna coconut lamb (medium) £12.45
tender lamb diced, marinated in spices
and slow cooked in coconut milk) £12.45
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
53 Bedford Hill, Balham, SW12 9EZ
£24 and Under
Mon - Sat 6pm - 11pm
Sun 6pm - 10:30pm