About Sahara Restaurant
With a traditional Lebanese menu, a modern down to earth dining room and a glamorous north London clientele - Sahara restaurant on St John’s Wood High Street is a hit with yummy mummies, low-key celebs and local ladies who lunch. Inside the Middle Eastern décor - with Persian rugs and whitewashed walls - will transport you from a posh part of London to a posh part of the Mediterranean, and the staff here are super-friendly. Signature dishes include the Kibbeh Saynieh - minced lamb mixed with spices and cracked wheat with pine nuts, onion and a yoghurt and cucumber salad; the deep fried sea bass drizzled in tahine sauce; and the Shish Taouk - marinated cubes of chicken served with garlic sauce.
Sample a la carte
- Moutabal baba ghanouj (grilled aubergines puree mixed with sesame paste (tahine), and lemon juice) £5.00
- Wark inab bízeit (vine leaves filled with rice, tomato, parsley, mint and onion, cooked in lemon juice and olive oil) £4.85
- Sambousek lamb (deep-fried Lebanese pastry filled with minced lamb and pine kernels) £4.50
- Maqaneq (home-made Lebanese mini sausages with fresh tomatoes flambèed in butter and lemon) £6.00
Other starters are available.
- King prawns (fresh king prawns grilled or sautèed, served with the chefís special spicy sauce) £18.00
- Mixed grills (charcoal-grilled skewers of seasoned minced lamb, marinated lamb and chicken cubes, served with or without garlic sauce) £14.50
- Roasted chicken (roasted chicken marinated in garlic, lemon and special spices) £12.95
- Kibbeh saynieh (minced lamb mixed with spices and cracked wheat, filled with sautèed minced meat, pine kernels and onion, served with yoghurt and cucumber salad) £12.95
- Shawarma chicken wrap (roasted thin slices of marinated chicken breast, garlic sauce, tomato, pickles) £4.25
- Okra stew served with vermicelli rice £12.95
Other main courses are available.
- Ossmallieh (baked vermicelli with cream cheese, topped with rosewater syrup and sprinkled with pistachios) £3.50
- Knefeh (cream cheese topped with semolina served with syrup) £3.50
- Baklawa (selection of miniature traditional Lebanese pastries filled with nuts and syrup) £3.50
- Mouhallabieh (Lebanese milk pudding, topped with rosewater syrup & sprinkled with pistachios) £3.50
Other desserts are availanle.
7 St John’s Wood High Street, NW8 7WG
St Johns Wood
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 11:30am - 11pm
Sat & Sun 11:30am - midnight