La Menara Restaurant
About La Menara Restaurant
This down-to-earth Middle Eastern restaurant near Charlotte Street is always filled with an eclectic mix of Londoners and tourists kicking up their heels in true Morrocan style. Conveniently located for the West End’s abundance of bars and theatres, La Menara is a fun place for celebrations and birthdays. Decorated with deep red and salmon pink walls and blue velvet chairs, the restaurant is renowned for its friendly staff and bellydancers, and favourite dishes from the menu include the Tagine Lahem Belbarkouk - lamb cooked in a terra cotta clay pot with prunes; the Chicken Bastilla - a chicken pie with almonds, herbs, saffron and eggs; and the Menara Brochettes - skewers of meat marinated and served with Moroccan salad and rice.
Sample a la carte
- Kallaf bil jibneh (halloumi cheese baked on Lebanese bread, topped wit dry mint) £4.25
- Jawaneh meshwiyeh (grilled chicken wings in garlic sauce) £3.95
- Kibbeh maklieh (ground lamb with crushed wheat, stuffed with mince lamb, onions, walnuts and pine nuts) £4.25
- Batata hara (potatoes cooked with olive oil, garlic, red peppers, spices and green chilli) £3.50
Other starters are available.
- Chicken bastilla (Moroccan chicken pie4, sweet with eggs, herbs, almonds and saffron) £8.75
- Farruj meshwi (grilled baby chicken, marinated in garlic, lemon juice & olive oil) £8.75
- Taginje kefta (tagine of spicy meat balls, herbs and saffron) £9.75
- Tagine lahem b'zetoun (tagine of lamb with preserved lemon confit & olives) £8.50
- Shawarma (slices of lamb or chicken, marinated in vinegar, spices and onions, grilled on upright spit) £7.50
- Menara brochettes (skewers of lamb, chicken and kefta) £10.75
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
55 Cleveland Street, W1T 4JL
Great Portland Street
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 11:30am - 12am
Sat 5:30pm - 12am