Brasserie Chez Gerard - Barnet
About Brasserie Chez Gerard - Barnet
The cosmopolitan chain Chez Gerard brings a little extra sophistication to Barnet's High Street with a branch of their tried, tested and loved-by-all brasserie brand. A wee restaurant with just 85 seats, the ever popular venue is generally packed with a collection of families, friends and business associates. The dining room has a cosy but spacious feel while the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly with a real Parisian vibe thanks to the 30s inspired décor. On menu French classic grills are joined by cuisine from around the world, including smaller plates perfect for those drinks and nibbles occasions and absolutely delicious desserts.
Sample a la carte
- Smoked haddock and Gruyère croquette with baby spinach salad and tangy citron mayonnaise £4.95
- Grilled pancetta wrapped tiger prawns, served with a fragrant lemon and tomato dip £7.45
- Grilled goat's cheese (melting crottin goat's cheese on a crunchy baby gem lettuce
salad with smoked bacon, sunblushed tomatoes and house vinaigrette) £5.95
- Terrine de porc (rustic free range pork pâté from the south west of France, baguette
and pickled gherkins) £5.75
Other starters are available.
- Pavé de rumpsteak (rump steak, rich and rewarding, a French bistro classic) £14.95
- Merguez sausages (three authentic spicy Moroccan lamb and beef sausages simply grilled and served with frites and minted yoghurt) £10.75
- Le demi poulet (half a corn fed 'Perigord' chicken sprinkled with herbs, served plain or with a choice of sauces and pomme frites) £11.95
- Sea bass fillet, served with a baby spinach salad and a tomato, herb and shallot salsa £14.95
- Chez Gérard burger (100% pure beef burger grilled and served on a hand crafted light bap, garnished with tomato relish, sweet pickled gherkin, tomato and shredded lettuce) £9.25
- Périgord duck salad ('Laffitte' duck confit, smoked ham and quail eggs with mixed leaves, green beans and walnut vinegar dressing) £9.95
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
238-240 High Street, EN5 5DT
£25 - £34
Mon - Sat 9am - 11pm
Sun 10am - 10:30pm