Brasserie Chez Gerard - St John's Wood
About Brasserie Chez Gerard - St John's Wood
Just moments from the greenery of Regents Park, in the lovely St John's Wood area of the city is Brasserie Chez Gerard. Yes, it's a chain, and the local bankers and stockbrokers will no doubt be familiar with its ever popular city branches, but each Chez Gerard branch offers an individual feel within a tried and tested formula. Here you'll find a welcoming, local vibe; perfectly pitted against other neighbourhood restaurants, as well as excellent service and a light, bright interior with a real Parisian feel. The menu, with its global influences, is something of a surprise, catering to all tastes with not just French favourites but international dishes including some excellent North African tagines.
Sample a la carte
- Smoked haddock and Gruyère croquette with baby spinach salad and tangy citron mayonnaise £4.95
- Grilled pancetta wrapped tiger prawns, served with a fragrant lemon and tomato dip £7.45
- Grilled goat's cheese (melting crottin goat's cheese on a crunchy baby gem lettuce
salad with smoked bacon, sunblushed tomatoes and house vinaigrette) £5.95
- Terrine de porc (rustic free range pork pâté from the south west of France, baguette
and pickled gherkins) £5.75
Other starters are available.
- Pavé de rumpsteak (rump steak, rich and rewarding, a French bistro classic) £14.95
- Merguez sausages (three authentic spicy Moroccan lamb and beef sausages simply grilled and served with frites and minted yoghurt) £10.75
- Le demi poulet (half a corn fed 'Perigord' chicken sprinkled with herbs, served plain or with a choice of sauces and pomme frites) £11.95
- Sea bass fillet, served with a baby spinach salad and a tomato, herb and shallot salsa £14.95
- Chez Gérard burger (100% pure beef burger grilled and served on a hand crafted light bap, garnished with tomato relish, sweet pickled gherkin, tomato and shredded lettuce) £9.25
- Périgord duck salad ('Laffitte' duck confit, smoked ham and quail eggs with mixed leaves, green beans and walnut vinegar dressing) £9.95
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
122 St John's Wood High Street, NW8 7SG
St Johns Wood
£25 - £34
Mon - Sat 9am - 11pm
Sun 10am - 10:30pm