About Chapter Two
Chapter two is currently closed for refurbishment.
Chapter One was such a success that the folks behind it have now colonised
Blackheath with Chapter Two, much to the delight of hungry local folk. The decor is modern and brightly coloured, with excellent design features, like the lovely lighting and large curving staircase. The cooking is inventive, fresh, modern European, with starters like duck tartare with rocket salad
and oriental spices, or sweet cured herrings with crisp bacon and horseradish and beetroot, main courses like braised oxtail with pancetta bacon and parsnip puree, and filet of cod with bacon, clam and cockle
chowder, and puds like passionfruit tart, or vanilla creme brulee. The menu is fixed price - all starters the same price, all mains the same price, etc. So it’s a great place to bring your guests - or your family. The wine list shows great care and attention. Take in the views over the Heath or just concentrate on your plate and your companions and enjoy.
Sample dinner menu
- Veloute of celeriac, creamed leeks and roast salsify
- Rolled terrine of confit chicken and black pudding, ham hock bon-bons, gribiche mayonnaise
- Ox tongue, celeriac remoulade, potato puree, mustard sauce
- Ballontine of foie gras, salad of smoked duck, quince jelly, hazelnuts and green beans, toasted brioche
- Risotto of wild garlic, creme fraiche, parmesan
- Home smoked salmon, beetroot tartare, horseradish cream
Other starters are available.
- Pan fried sea trout, trout tortellino, celeriac, ginger veloute
- Fillet of seabream, crushed potatoes, shellfish broth
- Slow roast belly of pork, choucroute, pomme fondant, apple puree, bon bon, cider jus
- Butter poached free range chicken, spinach and foie gras puree, rillett of confit chicken and mushrooms, thyme foam
- Braised breast of English lamb, anchovies, black olives, baby fennel, semi-dried tomatoes
Other main courses are available.
- Hot chocolate fondant, blood orange granite, cardamom ice cream
- Pineapple tatin, rum & raisin ice cream, macadamia nuts
- Baked vanilla yoghurt, iced rhubarb crumble, citrus rhum-baba
- Chocolate ice cream
Other desserts are available.
43-45 Montpelier Vale, Blackheath Village, SE3 0TJ
2 courses £18.45, 3 courses £23.95 available from Sun - Thur & 3 courses £24.50 on Fri & Sat.
A 12.5% discretionary service charge will be added to your bill.
£25 - £34
Closed for Refurbishment.