Beach Blanket Babylon
About Beach Blanket Babylon
Beach Blanket Babylon, or BBB as it’s affectionately known, is a premier restaurant and bar occupying an old Georgian House in the heart of Notting Hill. Eclectic decor of a French Country Chateau combined with Gaudiesque architecture set the scene for a truly unique and magical experience. Established in 1990, it has recently undergone extensive renovation to make it one of the most eclectic restaurants in London and a sure destination for the well-heeled socialite. Upon entering BBB through its large Louis XVI imposing doors you are instantly transported into a world where time stands still. Large fireplaces dominate the main room like the palaces of Versailles and the cathedrals of Spain. Statuary, columns, marble busts of emperors, urns and topiary trees bring the classical gardens of Europe indoors. The restaurant comprises of various rooms interconnected by walkways, tunnels, bridges and staircases with names like The Chapel, Crypt and Scullery Gallery and garden aptly describing each space. Visual motifs such as columns and fireplaces in both the Gaudiesque and colossal style continue the theme found in the bar. The restaurant features a smashing modern European menu and is also open for lunch and brunch both in the week and at the weekend.
Sample lunch menu
- Beef carpaccio with rocket and horse radish crème fraiche £7.50
- Goats cheese and red pepper tart £5.50
- Seared scallops with black pudding and cauliflower puree £9.50
- Cornish crab and crayfish cocktail with avocado puree and a spring onion relish £7.50
Other starters are available.
- Roast chicken sandwich with a green salad £11.50
- British cider mussels with fries £13.50
- Wild Scottish halibut with salsify puree, oyster mushrooms served with lentils & shallot vinaigrette £15.50
- Roasted beetroot and buffalo mozzarella salad £13.50
- Homemade beef burger with seared foie gras served with French fries £14.50
- Shepherd's pie, peas and gravy £13.50
Other main courses are available.
- Cheese platter £5.00
- A selection of seasonal fruits with lemon sorbet £5.00
- White chocolate crème brulee £5.00
- Apple tarte tatin, vanilla ice cream £5.00
Other desserts are available.
45 Ledbury Road, W11 2AA
Notting Hill Gate
£45 - £54
Mon - Fri 6pm - 10:30pm
Sat - Sun 12pm - 10:30pm