I-Thai @ The Hempel
About I-Thai @ The Hempel
The decor almost, but not quite, eclipses the food at what must be one of London’s most stylish hotels. However, the unusual fusion of Thai and Italian works, providing elegant dishes that start with the best ingredients, cooked perfectly well and presented dramatically to satisfy all the senses. The atmosphere is calm and restrained and friendly.
Sample a la carte
- Yam nuea (spicy beef salad with rocket, cucumber, green mango and red onion) £9.95
- Som tam (spicy papaya salad with rocket, shallot and cherry tomatoes) £8.95
- Hoy malaeng pooh gathi (Scottish mussels cooked in white wine and coconut milk,with birds eye chilli and choy sum) £8.75
- Tom yam ghoong (black tiger prawns in a spicy broth, infused with lemongrass and ginger, the most famous of thai soups) £8.25
Other starters are available.
- Gai hor bai toey (marinated chicken wrapped in pandan leaves, served on asian
stir fried vegetables with a rice vinegar and toasted sesame seed dressing) £16.95
- Gang Plaah (sea-food red curry with black tiger prawns, sea-bass and Scottish mussels) £18.95
- Mossman neua (mossman style beef curry with peanuts and fresh tamarind) £17.95
- Pad thai thai style, stir-fried noodles with egg, preserved turnips, tofu and vegetables) £18.95
- Gung pad too gnooh (king prawns stir-fried with soy bean sprouts) £17.95
- Gaeng kheow wan gai (green or red, chicken curry with mixed thai aubergines and bamboo shoots) £16.95
Other main courses are available.
- Chocolate cheesecake with mango coulis £8.75
- Lime and coconut parfait with sweet chilli sauce) £8.50
- White chocolate mousse with orange sauce) £8.25
- Chocolate and orange grand marnier pudding £8.25
Other desserts are available.
31 - 35 Craven Hill Gardens, Bayswater, W2 3EA
£35 - £44
Mon-Thur: 7pm - 10.30pm
Fri & Sat: 7pm - 10.30pm