Fantastically fun and buzzy high-quality North African restaurant / bar with casbah-style decor and differently themed North African ’caves’ downstairs. The food is French-African with the emphasis on North African and the odd Berber and Jewish Moroccan influence thrown in for good measure. Not somewhere to take your Great Aunt Gertie (unless she’s a real party animal), but a fab spot for a night out with your pals or a romantic dinner with your main squeeze. What’s cooking? Tabouleh, falafel, hummus, sambousek, merguez, stuffed calamari, shawarma, kebabs, tagines, couscous, sea bass and salmon.
Sample a la carte
- Hummus (chick peas paste blended with tahina, lemon juice & olive oil dressing) £4.25
- Babaghanough (roughly chopped grilled aubergine mixed with tahina, garlic, fresh lemon juice & olive oil garnished with pomegranate) £4.25
- Mergaze (pan fried Moroccan spicy sausages with tomato sauce) £6.95
- Cheese Samboussek (Golden fried home made pastry filled with feta cheese & parsley) £4.25
Other starters are available.
Lamb cous cous (Traditional cous cous topped with tender lamb cooked in Moroccan mixed herbs, raisins, chick peas and steamed vegetables) £16.50
- Chicken cous cous (traditional cous cous topped with chicken stew cooked in Moroccan mixed herbs, topped with raisins, chick peas and steamed vegetables) £14.50
- Cous cous royal (traditional cous cous topped with Moroccan flavored chicken, lamb meat stew and spicy Moroccan sausages, raisins, chick peas and steamed vegetables) £18.00
Lamb tagine (tender chunk of lamb stew cooked in traditional Moroccan herbs, sweet dried prunes & apricot topped with almonds and sesame seeds) £16.50
- Chicken tagine (chicken stew cooked in traditional Moroccan herbs, pickled lemon & green olives) £13.95
- Vegetarian tagine (aubergine, carrots, potatoes, courgette, onion and chick peas cooked in traditional Moroccan herbs and green olives) £10.50
Other mains are available.
- Mehalabia (refreshing dessert made from rice, flour, fresh strawberry, topped with whipped cream) £5.50
- Om ali (Egyptian style puff pastry pudding with milk, raisins, nuts & topped with coconut) £7.00
- Fresh fruit platter £6.50
- Selection of Oriental Pastries £6.50
Other desserts are available.
58 James Street, Bond Street, W1U 1HG
£24 and Under
Mon - Sun 12pm - 1am