About Taberna Etrusca
Save the airfare! We’ve discovered an authentic Italian trattoria in the heart of the City, complete with ripply white walls, tiled floors, beamed ceiling, Ferrari posters, and a cozy courtyard for days when the weather cooperates. The chef, Antonio Vullo, is an authentic Sicilian who has created his own versions of classic Italian dishes using the freshest of ingredients, with a particular emphasis on seasonal ingredients.
Do try the Spaghetti Enzo (named after the owner) which has slices of fillet steak with garlic, chilli and fresh tomato tossed in spaghetti, or Medaglioni Di Bue ’Etrusca’ which are beef medallions cooked with Italian smoked bacon, croutons and Madeira sauce. Or just opt for one of the daily specials, which are always a treat. We never skip the astounding dessert trolley. (Wouldn’t you love our job?) The excellent wine-list is all-Italian.
Sample a la carte
- Prosciutto di parma con olive, pecorino e carasau (Parma ham with mature pecorino cheese, olives and 'carasau' bread) £8.75
- Insalata di caprino fritto (deep-fried breaded goat's cheese on wild leaves with a grain mustard and honey dressing) £6.50
- Fondina di calamaretti con olive e pomodorini (pan-fried baby squid with olives, chilli, cherry tomatoes and toasted ciabatta) £7.80
- Manzo affumicato con radicchio e crema di caprino (thinly sliced smoked rump of beef with radicchio and a goat's cheese dressing) £8.75
Other starters are available.
- Lombatine d'agnello con lenticchie (grilled lamb chops with braised lentils) £15.80
- Medaglioni di maiale con pancetta e patate dolci (pork fillet medallions rolled in smoked bacon, served with sweet potatoes) £14.50
- Filetto di manzo ai porcini (grilled scottish fillet steak with porcini mushrooms and mashed potatoes) £18.95
- Spaghetti enzo (spaghetti tossed with scottish beef fillet slices sautéed in garlic, chilli and fresh tomatoes) £9.50
Pappardelle con verdure arrosto (pappardelle with roasted vegetables in a fresh tomato sauce) £7.00
- Ippoglosso in padella con finocchi brasati e salsa al dragoncello e zafferano (pan-fried halibut steak with braised fennel and a tarragon and saffron sauce) £15.80
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
9/11 Bow Churchyard, Off Bow Lane, EC4M 9DQ
£45 - £54
Mon - Fri 12pm - 3:45pm