On first entering ditto you might think you had entered an intimate lounge bar with sumptuous chocolate leather sofas to relax, play backgammon and admire the local art adorning the walls - well you have, but what’s more - a bright, inspiring dining room awaits beyond. The appealing modern European menu on offer is complimented by the quality of raw ingredients used, with the meat being supplied by Donald Russell - the queen's butcher; you know it is going to be good! Portions are generous and yummy including favourites such as confit of pork belly, with honey-glazed cannelloni beans, mash, red wine jus and Mediterranean grilled blue fin tuna with spinach, baby fennel & tapenade dressing. Desserts are equally as adventurous yet homely, we love the Tiramisu. The wine list is comprehensive too. There’s a children’s soft play area, soft toys, books and children’s TV open every Saturday and Sunday lunch. Live Jazz on Thursday evenings from 7:30pm.
Sample a la carte
- Salad of smoked duck, artichokes & French beans, olive dressing £6.25
- Asparagus & pecorino salad with truffle dressing £6.25
- Salt cod brandade with roasted red peppers & a fine leaf salad £5.75
- Foie gras & ham hock terrine with salsa verde £6.50
Other starters are available.
- Pan fried halibut with tagliatelle, crab sauce & fennel £14.00
- Corn fed chicken with braised celery, baby leeks, tomato & tarragon £12.95
- Pan fried calves liver on beetroot, black pudding & orange infused jus £13.50
- 28 day aged sirloin steak, pomme fondant, sauté French beans £17.50
- Roast chump of lamb, runner beans, sweet cherry tomatoes, olives & anchovies £13.95
- Roast barbary duck breast with puy lentils, trevisso & herb salad £14.50
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts is available.
55 - 57 East Hill, Wandsworth, SW18 2QE
Wandsworth Town (BR)
£25 - £34
Tues - Fri 6pm - 12am
Sat 12pm - 12am
Sun 12pm - 5pm
Smart / Casual