Housed within the stunning contemporary London hotel, One Aldwych, Indigo overlooks the dramatic polished Lobby Bar of this luxurious venue. Less formal than its sister restaurant Axis, Indigo provides relaxed surroundings. The polished tables, striking flower arrangements and comfy armchairs make for the ideal people-watching environment. Several dishes come in two sizes so you can decide how much or how little you would like to eat and for those watching their waistlines, there are a number of dishes which are light and healthy. The wine list is concise but quality. Open every day for breakfast, lunch, pre and post theatre suppers and dinner. Popular with ladies who lunch, business meets and, of course, hotel residents alike.
What’s cooking: crab cakes with tomato, avocado and lime salsa, pan fried monkfish, red mullet and seabass with lime and coriander risotto, fillet of Scotch beef with wild mushrooms, spinach and parsnip purée and chocolate soufflé with chestnut ice cream and rum custard.
Sample a la carte
- Breast of wood pigeon red wine risotto £8.00
- Crispy goats cheese parcel poached pear, walnut salad £8.50
- Seared Scottish scallops lentils, onion puree, Pancetta £12.50
- Bayonne ham, sauce gribiche rocket salad, figs £10.00
Other starters are available.
- Thai crayfish spaghetti with bisque £15.50
- Baked butternut and sage gnocchi Fontina cheese £16.50
- Loin of monkfish smoked garlic pomme purée, baby onions, red wine jus £22.00
- Roast loin of lamb salad of tongue, glazed baby turnips £23.00
- Pan fried fillet of black bass braised fennel, shellfish broth £20.00
- Pave of aged beef kohlrabi, sautéed spinach, porcini mushrooms £22.50
Other main courses are available.
- Fig crème brûlée £6.50
- Chocolate soufflé pistachio ice cream £6.50
- Coconut rice pudding mango sorbet £6.50
- Lychee parfait strawberry salsa £6.50
Other desserts are available.
1 Aldwych, One Aldwych Hotel, WC2B 4RH
£45 - £54
Mon - Sat 6:30am - 11am, 12:30pm - 3pm and 6pm - 11pm
Sun 6:30am - 11am, 12:30pm - 4pm and 6pm - 10:30pm