The restaurant has a gorgeous walnut bar and stylish curved ceilings and with a friendly welcome and a warm, sophisticated ambience, it can’t be beaten as a perfect lunch or dinner venue. You can pop in for anything from a bistro bite to a full Turkish feast from noon to midnight. The best way to enjoy Middle Eastern cuisine is to order lots and lots of different things to share with the loads of friends you’ve brought along. We’re partial to the fish dishes, incuding the drunken squid marinated in vodka, but the special mixed meze seems to be the hands-down winner.
Sample a la carte
- Fir roiasted king prawns (chargrilled giant king prawns, marinated in a chilli and lime sauce) £9.95
- Mutabel (smoked aubergines pureed with olive oil , lemon and garlic) £4.50
- Albanian liver (lamb's liver fried with onions and served with a traditional salad) £5.95
- Drunken Calamari (squid marinated in vodka, served with salad in a walnut sauce) £5.45
Other starters are available.
- Aubergine parcel (stuffed aubergine with mixed roasted vegetables in a tomato sauce, topped with a Turkish cheese, served with rice) £11.95
- Pasha kofte (chargrilled minced lamb mixed with herbs and spices, served on a bed of garlic mash) £12.95
- Monkfish and prawn kebab (skewered with vegetables and chargrilled, served with rice and salad) £15.95
- Parmak kebab (an Ottoman favourite; rolled koftes wrapped with aubergines, baked in the oven and served with a spiced tomato sauce) £13.95
- The sultan’s shish kebab (prime cut of lamb or chicken, marinated and chargrilled with vegetables and served with rice or chunky fries and a sumac and tomato salad)
- Ottoman grill (marinated until tender; a selection of lamb and chicken shish, fresh poussin, lamb chop and kofte. Served with a choice of rice or chunky fries) £14.95
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
93 Wilton Road, Pimlico, SW1V 1DW
£35 - £44
Tues - Sat 12pm - 10:45pm
Sun and Mon 12pm - 10:30pm