The Clerkenwell Dining Room
About The Clerkenwell Dining Room
The Clerkenwell is definitely one for the little black book while in the City. The menu is modern European with occasional touches of ’Michelin’- style, mixed with gutsy flavours and combinations, recently awarded two AA Rosettes. The two owners are keen to maintain informality and affordability. The relaxed yet vibrant atmosphere means The Clerkenwell is suitable for both business meetings and casual meals. Before settling down to a delicious dinner, have a cocktail or two in the intimate bar lounge area. It’s open from 12pm everyday for lunch, and then opens again at 6pm every evening until late. This bar is open to diners and non-diners and offers a full cocktail list, beers, wines and champagne.
Sample a la carte
- Soy cured salmon, marinated vegetable roll £8.00
- Country terrine of pork, pickles and toast £8.50
- Barbeque quail, pickled cabbage and chili mayonnaise £9.00
- Beignet of courgette flower, provencal vegetables and buffalo mozzarella £8.50
Other starters are available.
- Fillet of cod, potato purée, crayfish and caper brown butter £16.00
- Roast Haughley farm chicken, merguez sausage and aubergine salad £16.00
- Rump of lamb, creamed sweet corn, fondant potato, tomato and rosemary jus £18.00
- Côte de boeuf for two, hand cut chips and béarnaise sauce £22.00 (per person)
- Crisp confit pork belly, fricassée of coco beans and new season garlic £18.00
- Potato gnocchi primavera, grilled asparagus and shaved parmesan £15.00
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
69 - 73 St John Street, EC1M 4AN
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri: 12pm - 2:30pm & 6pm - 11pm
Sat: 7pm - 11pm
Dress to impress