About The House
The House is an exciting pub with a dining room that has undoubtedly become a home away from home for Islingtonians in the know. It’s the brainchild of Michelin-starred chef Jeremy Hollingsworth and equally accomplished manager Barnaby Meredith, who have both enjoyed brilliant careers with the Marco Pierre White group, among others. The House is a smart, informal space with art deco influences and a theatre-style kitchen, so you can watch what Jez is up to in there, and not to be forgotten, the sun-drenched terrace perfect for summer time. There are home-made breads and ice creams, and the menu is an inventive, though traditional, British carte. The emphasis is on good, honest food at reasonable prices. Try starter of stilton, red onion and rocket salad with peppered beef fillet and bleu cheese dressing followed by braised oxtail in pate brick with mash and red wine sauce, and pud of creme brulee. After dinner they trundle round a trolley of stunning
liqueurs, so be warned.
Sample a la carte
- Soup of the day £5.50
- Parfait of foie gras & chicken livers with armagnac, toasted brioche £6.95
- Carpaccio of tuna, croquant vegetables, olive oil, aged balsamic £6.95
- Tatin of red onion, grilled Maconnais goats cheese £5.95
Other starters are available.
- Baked salmon, pomme sautée, emulsion of cabbage & truffle, smoked bacon lardons £12.95
- The House cottage pie £12.50
- Confit of Barbary duck leg, pomme Anna, braised cabbage, bitter sweet jus £13.50
- Roast cornfed chicken, lemon & thyme confit, artichoke risotto £14
- Tranche of calves liver, bourguignon, buttered pomme puree, deep fried onions £14.50
- Roast rack of lamb with a shallot, mustard & chive crust, pomme boulangere, tomato & aubergine confit & jus gras (for 2) £40
Other main courses are available.
- Pear tarte tatin, pear ice cream (for 2) £9
- Warm gingerbread, Cornish clotted cream £5.50
- Chocolate & honeycomb parfait, Amaretto ice cream £5.50
- Individual apple pie, blackberry compote £6
Other desserts are available.
The House has a brunch sitting at lunchtimes on Saturday and Sunday from 12pm to 3.30pm
63 - 69 Canonbury Road, N1 2DG
Highbury & Islington
An optional 12.5% service charge will be added to your bill.
Mon 6pm - 10:30pm
Tues - Fri 12pm - 2:30pm and 6pm - 10pm
Sat 12pm - 3:30pm and 6pm - 10:30pm
Sun 12pm - 3:30pm and 6:30pm - 9:30pm