About The Waterway
Ok, so it may not really be Venice, but this is the closest thing London has. The Waterway has spectacular views with a terrace right onto the canal so that you can watch the barges glide by. The atmosphere is comfortable and relaxed and the décor is predominantly stripped wood floors and ceilings with ultra-comfy burgundy leather seating. Even in the inclement English weather, you can enjoy a drink or even eat on the terrace thanks to the industrial sized heaters. Regulars include trendy twenty to thirty-somethings. Chef Christophe Clerget serves up an Anglo-French menu. Must tries are the Crispy Calamari with wasabi slaw and coriander oil or the Chargrilled Rainbow Trout with capers and crayfish beurre noisette.
Sample a la carte
- Chorizo and black pudding salad, poached egg and a thyme and honey dressing £6.50
- Char grilled squid with with a chilli sauce, balsamic and mixed leaves
- Lemon herb crusted Goat’s cheese with red chard pousse and sumac dressing £6.00
- Smoked duck, artichoke and mini cress salad with thruffle and walnuts £7.00
Other starters are available.
- Pan fried seabass with fennel and orange brandade, new potatoes and spring onions £15.00
- Steamed mussels in a lemon grass, coriander and ginger broth served with chips
- Waterway burger with mixed leaved, tomato salsa and chips £11.50
- Butternut squash wellington with mushrooms and Goats cheese
- Rib eye steak with hasselback potato, swiss chard and mushrooms £16.00
- Tagine of lamb with toasted almonds and apricot and raisin cous cous
Other main courses are available.
- Baileys cheesecake with hazelnut ice cream £5.50
- Pecan tart with whisky ice cream £5.50
- Apple crumble with clotted cream £5.50
- Affogato £4.50
Other desserts are available.
54 - 56 Formosa Street, Little Venice, W9 2JU
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 12:00 - 3:30pm & 6:30pm - 10:30pm
Sat 11:30am - 3:30pm & 6:30pm - 10:30pm
Sun 11:30am - 3:30pm & 6:30pm - 10pm