About Savoir Faire
Savoire Fair - rarely has a restaurant been so perfectly named. Fresh food, good wine, mellow atmosphere, satisfied staff, value for money - this traditional French bistro knows how to please and over the past nine years it’s perfected the art. The mouthwatering menu reads like that of any major London restaurant - rib eye steak served on a fromage frais pancake with a brandy and mushroom sauce, for example - apart from the prices. Although the menu changes every fortnight, the big sellers such as the traditional French bourguignon and tarte tatin are faithfully there for the savouring, much to the satisfaction of the regulars, many of them celebrities and actors from the local shows and plays. Every dish is freshly prepared on the premises daily. "If we can’t cook it, we don’t have it," declares the owner, Max. There’s only one thing for it; cancel The Ivy and try a little Savoir Faire.
Sample set menu
- Grilled stuffed mushroom with bacon, parmesan, herbs and garlic
- Salad of shasimi tuna, avocado in a light soya and wasabi dressing
- Grilled mussels with Pernod and garlic butter
- Poached leeks with sautéed chicken livers, rocket, parmesan and balsamic vinegar
Other starters are available.
- Rib eye steak with pepper sauce and gratin dauphinois
- Tea and citrus glazed duck magret served with savoury wild mushroom bread pudding
- Honey roast pork belly served with apple compote
- Pan-fried fillet of salmon served with tomato and thyme confiture and soya and garlic mayonnaise
- Slow cooked lamb shank in herb, preserved lime, chickpea and tomato sauce
- Baked whole sea bass served with cauliflower cous cous and tarragon & lemon sauce
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
42 New Oxford Street, WC1A 1EP
Tottenham Court Road
£16.90 for a starter and a main course.(price includes vegetables and one basket of bread)
No service charge tip at your discretion
All gratuities go to waiting Staff 10% service charge is added to tables of 7 or more
£24 and Under