Gaucho - Chancery Lane
About Gaucho - Chancery Lane
When beef is the thing you crave, there are few better places to eat than at Gaucho Restaurant. The steaks, in any size you desire from 225 g to 2.5 kg, are flown in from Argentina, aged for six weeks, hand-cut in the kitchen then rubbed with chimichurra oil, flash-grilled on volcanic coals, and
delivered, sizzling, to your table. The phrase we most think of when we think of Gaucho Grill steaks is melt-in-the-mouth. There’s a choice of five sauces, as well as an array of fish and chicken dishes for those who aren’t craving steak that particular day. The decor is City-smart, a combination of marble and stainless steel softened with cowhide upholstery. The wine
list is something else, with a wide array of established South American wines and Gaucho’s own-lable range. This Gaucho Restaurant is a popular gathering place for City suits as well as tourists and family groups and we don’t blame them one little bit.
Sample a la carte
- Oysters BLT (oysters baked in a creamy horseradish sauce, topped with bacon, crisp lettuce and tomato salsa) £8.00
- Spinach and cheese empanadas £3.75
- Peruvian ceviche (Merluza, tiger prawn and octopus tossed in tomato and citrus juices, olives, jalapeno, red onion and orange segments) £7.50
- Sausage platter (sausages with the addition of a morcilla, a classic Spanish chorizo, served with a trio of mojos; pineapple with sage, cherry and black trumpet) £25.00
Other starters are available.
- Palmitos (hearts of palm with avocado, red onion, romaine lettuce, toasted almonds and a sherry vinaigrette) £6.00
- Ice berg wedge, served with a rich blue cheese citrus dressing and marinated tomatoes scented with thyme £6.00
- Salmon fillet glazed in a honey mustard marinade, wood roasted and served with a cucumber, olive and dill salad £12.00
- Spatchcocked (whole grilled spatchcocked chicken marinated in lemon and lime chimichurri) £14.00
- Gaucho burger (fresh Argentine rump, ribeye or sirloin ground to order with balsamic caramelised onions and aged provolone) £13.00
- Mixed grill (lamb chops, bife de cuadril, chorizo pinchos, morcilla, sweetbreads and marinated chicken dressed with chimichurri) £30.00
Other main courses are available.
- A traditional flan served on shaved pineapple, with black pepper caramel and goats cheese £5.00
- Banana tres leches (a rich, banana cake surrounded by sliced bananas and drizzled with a prune speckled passion fruit sauce) £6.00
- Argentine pancakes served with vanilla ice cream and dulce de leche £5.00
- Churros, dusted in cinnamon sugar and served with a warm rich chocolate sauce) £5.00
Other desserts are available.
125 - 126 Chancery Lane, WC2A 1PU
£35 - £44
Mon - Fri 12pm - 11:30pm
Sat - Sun exclusive hire