Now and again you’ll chance upon a cracker of a restaurant. In offering that holy trinity rarely found in Indian restaurants - excellent service, delicious dishes and a good atmosphere - ERIKI’s one of them.
You’ll find it in swanky Swiss Cottage, close to the tree-lined neighbourhoods of Hampstead and St John’s Wood. Spicy by nature and by look, ERIKI’s decor is a sophisticated fusion of traditional imported Indian furniture and contemporary western finishes aka brightly coloured walls and gleaming white plates. Above all else, what marks this Indian out is the food. An impressive range of skillfully prepared dishes means that vegetarians and non-vegetarians are spoilt for choice. If you’re after signature dishes, opt for murgh xacuti, a rich chicken curry with individually roasted ground spices from Goa, koh e rogan josh - a classic Kashmiri lamb curry, or from the a la carte menu, dum machli reshad, which is oven baked whole sea fresh grey mullet marinated in true Goan style with Kashmiri mirchi, garlic, shallots and palm vinegar. You could even go the whole hog and try a special Indian cocktail.
Sample a la carte
- Murgh kalimirch pankhi kebab (Chicken breast marinated overnight in a spiced
yoghurt tumeric marinade, encrusted with crush black pepper and cooked in the tandoor) £5.95
- Calamari mirch fry (ocean calamari rings stir-fried with onions and pure kerala
spices served on a leafy salad) £6.95
- Dahi batata puri (small light pastry cases filled with potatoes, yoghurt, chick
peas and drizzled with home-made chutneys and gramflour) £4.50
- Jingha amritsari (Punjabi style crisp garlic flavoured prawns) £6.95
Other starters are available.
- Murgh xacuti (rich chicken curry from Goa with individually roasted ground spices, which contribute to its unique flavour) £9.95
- Lukhnowi lamb chop masala(four tender lamb chops in a spicy lukhnowi masala with denghi mirch, ginger and fresh lime) £10.95
- Kali dahl (a select mix of black and brown lentils with a ginger, green chilli, tomato and fresh onion base, topped with fresh cream) £6.50
- Samunadri raja jinga (ocean king prawns prepared in a special marinade of yogurt, ginger and garam masala) £13.95
- Sea bass peri peri sizzler (sea fresh sea bass fillets marinated with peri peri spices and served in a sizzling hot masala
- Koh-e-rogan josh (a classic kashmiri curry cooked with diced lamb in a rich onion and tomato sauce with selective spices) £9.95
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
4 - 6 Northways Parade, Finchley Road, NW3 5EN
£24 and Under
Mon - Fri 12pm - 3pm and 6pm - 11pm
Sat 6pm - 11pm
Sun 12pm - 3pm and 6pm - 11pm