Melati Restaurant is just a hop, skip and jump from Piccadilly Circus, and offers three floors of flavours from the mystic far East. Unpretentious and kid-friendly, visitors can select from a grand menu of authentic Indonesian, Malaysian and Singaporean dining. Favorite (and top-selling) dishes include giant bowls of Singapore laksa, a creamy coconut soup with rice, noodles and seafood, and rending padang, a heavily spicy beef curry. Set menu options are available for parties of 10 or more. With generations of families coming here, it's easy to see how this has become a Soho institution.
Sample a la carte
- Sate sate (6 skewers - 2 each of chicken, beef and lamb) £7.95
- Martabak (a savoury Malaysian meat and onion parcel) £6.25
- Kari puff (Malaysian spicy curry puff in special pastry) £4.25
- Chef’s special (A platter which consists of a spring roll, a sweetcorn fritter, a samosa, 2 paper wrapped prawns and a skewer each of chicken and beef sate) £9.95
Other starters are available
- Singapore laksa (rice vermicelli noodles, seafood, beansprouts and tofu in spicy coconut soup) £8.95
- Sayur campur ayam (stir fried mixed vegetables with shredded chicken) £7.95
- Kari ayam (Malaysian chicken curry with baby potatoes) £7.95
- Dendeng balado (sliced beef in crushed red chilli) £8.95
- Kambing bakar (fried lamb cutlets cooked in Indonesian sweet soya sauce) £8.95
- Ikan goreng siakap (savoury fried seabass topped with ginger and garlic in light soya sauce) £13.25
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
21 Great Windmill Street, W1D 7LQ
£24 /and under
Sun - Thurs: 12pm - 11:30pm
Fri - Sat: 12pm - 12:30am