Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
About Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
Superlative and possibly beyond superlative is Gordon Ramsay’s flagship restaurant in Chelsea. On the former site of the renowned Tante Claire, Gordon Ramsay, the restaurant, is a buff-coloured dining salon of intimate proportions that always seems to have a jolly atmosphere as a select group of diners - some of whom have flown over oceans or waited many weeks for this meal - enjoy some of the most blissful grub on the planet. There are amuse-bouches before the starter and dessert, and all the little extras you’d expect at such a high-end eaterie. The haute cuisine is of an intensity and lightness that you float out the door at the end of the meal. Staff are
fleet-footed and graceful of service, and the sommelier may in fact have an encyclopaedia’s worth of wine knowledge in his brain. What’s cooking? Superstarry French with impeccable sourcing and preparation. Dishes have included -tortellini of lobster with a vinaigrette of crustace and herb veloute; sauteed loin of venison with creamed cabbage and bitter chocolate sauce; millefeuille of caramelised apple with rum ganache and vanilla anglaise; heavenly French cheeses. Presentation is perfect. A joyous experience.
Top tips for booking Gordon Ramsay:
Getting into London's top restaurants can be tough. Here are some top tips for booking success:
- Book in advance.
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay only takes reservations exactly two calendar months prior to the requested booking date.
- Look for alternative days.
Friday and Saturday evenings are the most popular times to dine out. Try dining earlier in the week - Mondays or Tuesdays are good bets.
- Be flexible with times.
The most popular booking times are in the mid-evening, so take a look at dining earlier in the evening or even late at night, around 10pm or after.
Sample a la carte
- Ravioli of lobster, langoustine and salmon poached in a light bisque with a lemongrass and chervil velouté
- Slow braised pied de cochon pressed then pan fried with ham knuckle, poached quail's egg and hollandaise sauce
- Carpaccio of organic salmon and swordfish with marinated white radish, sweetcorn salad and brioche
- Pan fried Scottish sea scallops with a millefeuille of potato, parmesan velouté and truffle smarties
- Sautéed foie gras with roasted lamb sweetbreads,
Cabernet Sauvignon vinegar and almond velouté
- Salad of Scottish lobster tail with marinated octopus, roasted watermelon, baby squid and a creamed shellfish sauce (Supplement £10.00)
- Pressed foie gras with sun dried tomatoes, aged balsamic vinegar, tapenade bruschetta and crudités salad
- Fillet of red mullet with cod, spring onion and pearl barley risotto, sweetcorn and thyme velouté
- Roasted fillet of line caught halibut with buttered summer vegetables, lavender tagliolini and a light pea sauce
- Pan fried fillets of John Dory with Cromer crab, caviar, crushed new potatoes and a basil vinaigrette
- Chargrilled monkfish tail with confit duck, red and yellow peppers, flat parsley and red wine sauce
- Pan fried line caught sea bass with roasted baby violet artichokes, borlotti beans and a cep velouté
- Oven roasted pigeon from Bresse with grilled polenta, crispy lardons, grelot onions, baby golden beetroot and date sauce
- Best end of Cornish lamb with confit shoulder, provençale vegetables, baby spinach, black olives and basil lamb jus
- Seared then poached Northumberland beef fillet with savoy cabbage, pomme purée, truffle and summer vegetable consommé
- Roasted breast of Gressingham duck with new season peas, honey glazed baby onions,
chicory tart and Madeira sauce
- Granny Smith parfait with honeycomb, bitter chocolate and Champagne foam
- Caramelised tarte Tatin of apples with vanilla ice cream (for two)
- Marinated pineapple ravioli with mango and raspberries
- Toffee soufflé with banana ice cream
- Assiette de l'Aubergine (for two)
- A selection of seasonal melon
- Sorbets and ice creams
- Bitter chocolate cylinder with coffee granité and ginger mousse
- Selection of cheeses from the trolley
- Coffee and chocolates (£5.00)
68 - 69 Royal Hospital Road, Chelsea, SW3 4HP
Three courses £85.00
A 12.5% discretionary service charge will be added to your bill
£85 - £99
Mon - Fri: 12pm - 2:30pm & 6:30pm - 11pm
Sat & Sun: Closed
Smart with jackets preferred for gentlemen. Jeans, T-shirts or sportswear not accepted.