About Enoteca Turi
There are those for whom a meal at Enoteca Turi is nearly as good as a meal in Rome. Owner Giuseppe Turi is in the kitchen, whipping up dishes like warm salad of girolle mushrooms with focaccia di Recco, pastas like black and white tagliolini with seafood, mains like breast of duck with braised radicchio, roasted pumpkin and
balsamic reduction, and puds of Tuscan chocolate cake with pine nuts served with plums. Next to each dish on the menu is a bin number, indicating the perfect wine to accompany each course, and each of the recommended wines is available by the glass. If you want to make your own choices, then get stuck into the 300-strong wine list. The decor is modern and airy with Tuscan-toned walls and a relaxed feel. The service is not your usual huggy Italian, but then, some people prefer it that way. A wine-lover’s haven.
Sample a la carte
- Antipasto Pugliese (platter of Mediterranean vegetables grilled and marinated, with fava bean puree)
- Merluzzo affumicato mantecato con polenta, peperoni e pomodori arrosto (smoked haddock pounded with garlic, olive oil and parsley, panfried polenta, roasted pepper and roasted tomato salsa) £7.50
- Mozzarella di bufala fritta in crosta di erbe con insalata di barbabietola rossa (Deep-fried buffalo mozzarella with herb crust, baked beetroot salad and poppyseed dressing) £8.50
- Bresaola della Valtellina con insalata di gorgonzola, pere e noci (dry cured beef with a salad of walnut, pear, gorgonzola and rocket) £9.50
Other starters are available.
- Ravioli di zucca e scamorza con burro e mandorle tostate (ravioli filled with pumpkin and smoked mozzarella, toasted almond and butter sauce) £11.50
- Pappardelle con ragu d'anatra (pappardelle with duck ragout simmered in red wine and herbs) £11.50
- Spaghetti con polpa di granchio, pomodorino di Pachino, rucola e peperoncino (spaghetti with fresh crab, caramelised cherry tomato, rocket, chilli and garlic) £15.50
- Petto di faraona, verza ripiena e peara (breast of guineafowl with stuffed Savoy cabbage and peara sauce) £18.50
- Filetto di cervo con cipolla ripieno di zucca, amaretti e mostarda di Cremona (fillet of venison, onion stuffed with pumpkin amaretti, and fruit mustard) £19.50
- Controfiletto di manzo Buccleuch con salsa pizzaiola, bieta, olive e capperi (grilled sirloin of Buccleuch beef with pizzaiola sauce, swiss chard with olives and capers) £19.50
Other main courses are available.
- Torta di cioccolato e marsala con frutti di bosco (bitter chocolate and marsala cake with forest fruits) £6.75
- Pere al vino rosso con mascarpone alla vaniglia (pears poached in spiced red wine with vanilla mascarpone) £6.75
- Panna cotta con melecotogne, uvetta e pistacchio (panna cotta with quince, raisin and pistachio) £6.75
- Tiramisu (Tiramisu with almond tuile) £6.75
Other desserts are available.
28 Putney High Street, SW15 1SQ
This menu takes its inspiration from the northern regions of Lombardy, Veneto and Trentino/Alto Adige
12.5% optional service will be added to the bill
£25 - £34
Mon - Sat 12pm - 2:30pm
7pm - 11pm