Shezan the Indian restaurant, who opened its Knightsbridge doors 40 years ago. Shezan remains the only Indian restaurant in the UK to receive a star rating from Egon Ronay, The Gold Plate Award, and win Restaurant of the Year. Impressive, wouldn’t you say?
The chef certainly knows his stuff as he trained with the best chef from the region.
It’s physically arresting too. Diners descend into an ornate cocktail bar filled with an atmospheric array of native objects and trinkets. If you like live music with your meal, go on a Friday or Saturday. But whatever the day or night, you can bet your bottom rupee you’ll find yourself in an unhurried atmosphere. Please note that the food at Shezan is freshly prepared to order. Ocassionally this can mean waiting times are longer.
Sample a la carte menu
- Dahi bhallay (ground white lentil patties (dall mash), lightly fried, socked in a beaten and spiced yogurt garnished with green herbs) £5.75
- Machli tikka tandoori (unique and tasty chunks of fresh ocean fish, marinated in homemade paste, and barbecued over flaming charcoal in the tandoor) £8.50
- Mulligatawny soup (famous South Indian potage, simmered with lentils, onions, tomatoes and whole spices, served with wedge of lemon) £5.75
- Qalmi kebeb (assorted fresh vegetables, mashed together with oriental spices, coated with home made breadcrumbs, rolled over lemongrass pan fried, served with freshly cooked spicy chick peas) £6.50
- Chapali kabab peshawari (minced lamb left to marinate in stong aromatic spices with a hint of garam flour, finely chopped onions and tomatoes, flattened and pan fried on a slow heat) £11.50
- Keema bhaka karela (ground Lamb cooked with herbs & spices. Stuffed delicately in bitter lemon Karala & Cooked with red ripe tomatoes, onions coriander and a touch of green chillies to perfection) £12.00
- Jhinga masala (king sized shrimps sliced and cooked with sautéed onions, tomatoes, ginger and garlic based delicious and spicy sauce) £18.00
- Lahori tali machi (deboned white fish fillet left to marinate in garlic, fresh lemon juice, light herbs and spices, panfried to perfection) £13.00
A full range of mains, specialities, salads, naans and sundries is also available.
Dessert menu available on request.
16 - 22 Cheval Place, Knightsbridge, SW7 1ES
£25 - £34
Mon - Sat: 12pm - 3pm & 7pm - 11:30pm
Sun: 12pm - 3pm & 7pm - 10:30pm