The Avenue Restaurant
About The Avenue Restaurant
Beautifully minimalist, smart, bubbling, and cosmopolitan - @venue could never be anything but a big city restaurant. It feels as much like Manhattan as St James’s. The ceilings are soaring, which is a blessing, given the size of the gigantic abstract paintings they hold. The lovely skylight stretches along one side of the dining room, shedding brightness all around. Food is modern British with lots of European touches, we recommend the bream with artichokes, red pepper confit & thyme. The staff is just as smart as the very smart clientele. Christie’s wine department have overseen the wine list and it is a corker. So to speak.
Sample a la carte
- Lobster bisque with armagnac cream & shrimps £6.50
- Game broth with pearl barley & haggis dumplings £5.50
- Buffalo mozzarella with plum tomatoes, olive oil & balsamic vinegar £8.50
- Game terrine with port & cranberry chutney £8.50
Other starters atre available.
- Venue fish fingers with chips & tartare sauce £13.50
- Roast bream with spinach & potted shrimp & crab butter £16.50
- Roast breast of chicken with garlic creamed spinach & wild mushrooms £16.50
- Scottish venison with crushed potatoes, black pudding & whisky sauce £17.50
- Duck confit braised chicory & orange £14.50
- Stuffed globe artichoke with baby aubergines & smoked scamorza cheese £13.50
Other main courses are available.
- Sticky toffee pudding with vanilla ice-cream £6.50
- Raspberry crème brulée £6.50
- Exotic fruit pavlova with raspberry gelato £6.50
- Chocolate fudge pudding with Devonshire clotted cream £6.50
Other desserts are available.
7 - 9 St. James’s Street, SW1A 1EE
£35 - £44
Mon - Thurs 12pm - 3pm & 5:45pm - 12am
Fri 12pm - 3pm & 5:45pm - 12:30am
Sat 5:45pm - 12:30am