About City Cafe
Only a 4-minute taxi ride from Victoria Station, this award-winning restaurant-bar-terrace overlooks ’Side Street’, a uniquely-conceived work of art linking John Islip Street and Millbank. Very easy on the eye, the restaurant is a series of mini dining rooms with floor-to-ceiling glass windows. You pass through an arty avenue of columns from the pre-dinner drinks area to your table situated in a light and airy dining environment. Fine modern European cooking. Try a little Chicken liver and foie gras parfait, pear and apple chutney and toasted brioche to start, followed by 28 day aged buccleuch beef fillet, mini steak and kidney pudding, creamed horseradish puree and root vegetable ragout from the a la carte menu. For dessert, treat yourself to the lemon and honey rum babas.
With an extensive New and Old World wine list, dedicated vegetarian menu (Garden Menu) and a daily changing Kitchen Menu, City Café is a smart choice for informal, not to mention funky, fine dining to suit all diets. The health conscious will no doubt appreciate that low-in-fat and lighter calorie dishes are highlighted on the menus.
Sample a la carte
- French onion soup, with salt beef, gruyere rarebit £4.95
- Potted fois gras, celeriac remoulade, granny smith and cress salad, apple puree £7.50
- Super food salad, with seared tuna, beets, tomatoes, blueberries, honey dressing, toasted seeds and micro leaves £5.95
- Paysanne salad, a warm salad of black pudding and duck with mustard dressing,
soft hens egg £7.25
Other starters are available.
- Roast fillet of Cheshire beef rossini, with spinach and morels £21.50
- Char-grilled cumbarian pork cutlet, corned beef and black pudding hash
with a butter poached egg £14.50
- Best end of cumbrian salt marsh lamb, with a rosemary faggot, roast salsify,
pistachios and minted peas £15.95
- Rhug estates organic chicken breast, roasted with smoked sea salt, grilled treviso, thyme and caper dressing £14.50
- Classic smoked haddock fish cake, baby watercress salad, choron sauce and poached egg £13.50
Other main meals are available.
A dessert menu is available upon request
30 John Islip Street, SW1P 4DD
£35 - £44
Mon - Sat 12pm - 3pm and 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Sun 12:30pm - 3pm and 5:30pm - 10pm