Vivo restaurant in London's absorbing Soho arrives on the scene with all the passion a Latin heart can hold. It's a tapas bar, grill and late-night drinking den with a friendly, unpretentious atmosphere that will lure you back again and again. The ground floor dining room leans toward the utilitarian school of décor with photo-montage murals blazened with Spanish street scenes. Downstairs is cooler, darker and abuzz with happy punters. While the street-food tapas are divine, the steaks are serious -- superb South American slabs of well-hung meat served in two sizes with a choice of sauces. Vivo's wines are easy on the pocket and the Latin-inspired cocktails will have you salsa-ing down Poland Street.
Sample a la carte
- Grilled flatbread with houmous, roast aubergine and harissa red pepper salsa £4.50
- Vegetarian empanaditas filled with spinach, pumpkin and cheese & served with sour cream £4.50
- Beef empanaditas filled with steak, chilli and onion & served with sour cream £4.50
- Spanish plate (jamon serrano, chorizo, salchichon, lomo embuchado, olives, caper berries, manchego, Garrotxa (goat's cheese) served with grilled flatbread) £7.50
Other starters are available.
- Lamb burger with houmous, beetroot, harissa, red pepper and green leaves £6.30
- Falafel in flatbread with red onion, olives, tomato, cucumber, salad and tahini yoghurt £5.80
- Moqueca-Brasilian casserole of king prawns, calamari, mussels, chicken, peppers, tomatoes and cashew nuts in coconut milk with Moros y Cristianos £13.00
- Carbonada criolla (Argentinean beef casserole braised in Malbec wine with pumpkin, apricots and oregano with sweet potato mash) £12.00
- Char-grilled romesco marinated chicken breast with crushed new potato and creamed leeks £12.00
- Piquillo peppers stuffed with wild mushrooms, goat cheese, pine nuts, calaspara rice and char-grilled asparagus £9.50
Other main courses are available.
- Peruvian dark chocolate mousse with pistachio ice cream £4.00
- Creme catalana £4.00
- Warm pecan pie with cardamone ice-cream £4.00
- Choice of ice-cream £4.00
Other desserts are available.
6 Poland Street, Soho, W1F 8PS
£25 - £34
Mon - Sat 12pm - 1am
Sun 12pm - 6pm