Menier Chocolate Factory
About Menier Chocolate Factory
A very special space, the Menier Chocolate Factory is a former chocolate factory, but now wonderfully converted into an arts space housing a theatre, gallery and restaurant. The charm of the original building has been retained in this two-level dining room, with exposed brick and timber beams, iron columns and an open, casual ambience. The modern British menu features dishes like starter of pan fried langoustine with garlic butter and celeriac remoulade, main course of grilled pork chop on potato, parsnip and apple rosti with calvados sage butter, and pudding of apricot and kirsch crème brulée. Or you could just opt for the burger. Please note, Menier Chocolate Factory does not accept bookings of more than 8 people through toptable.
Sample a la carte
- Autumn mushroom and pearl barley broth £4.20
- Chicken livers flambéed in brandy with olives, tomato & garlic crostini £5.50
- Potted salmon, cornichons & toast £6.00
- Meat platter (lamb skewer, angus beef meatballs, grilled chorizo, proscuitto, piquillo pepper hummus, marinated olives and sardinian music bread) £8.50
Other starters are available.
- Charter pie (chicken, leek, sage & cider), with a side of colcannon £12.75
- Handmade angel hair pasta with white crab, basil, chilli, white wine & napoli sauce £11.25
- Chicken parmigiana with crushed chats & steamed vegetables £12.00
- Marinated lamb skewers with moroccan cous cous & spiced tomato relish £13.50
- Pan fried organic salmon on nicoise salad with duck egg £12.50
- Roast pumpkin, braised pencil leek & blue cheese risotto £8.00
Other main courses are available.
- Chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream and menier chocolate sauce £5.00
- Chocolate plate: White chocolate & hazelnut brownie, flourless chocolate terrine with clotted cream & chocolate kahlua mousse £7.00
- Bramley apple pie with calvados anglaise £5.50
- Neal's Yard cheese plate with oatcakes & a strawberry, mint & shallot chutney £8.00
Other desserts are available.
53 Southwark St, SE1 1RU
£24 and Under
Tues - Fri 12pm - 3pm and 6pm - 11pm
Sat 12pm - 3:30pm and 6pm - 11pm
Sun 12pm - 3:30pm