If you love Indian cooking, you will adore this place. From the man behind Mela, Kuldeep Singh, Chowki (named after the traditional Indian dining table) offers relaxed dining in a canteen style setting. Home-style Indian dishes are extremely reasonable (priced £6 - £10) and are fashioned on typical regional dishes. Uniquely, each month features new areas, making this a wonderful destination for the gourmet traveller. What’s cooking? Lamb mince samosas with savoury liver and spices, deep fried from Delhi, Prawn patties crumbed and golden fried, mildly flavoured with mint and pepper from Bombay and Tilapia fillet marinated in turmeric, red chilli and garlic, gram flour batter fried and served with mint chutney from Madras.
Sample a la carte
- Lamb Samosa (lamb mince samosas with savoury liver and spices, deep fried) £4.25
- Chicken tikka (chargrilled chicken tikkas, marinated in yoghurt, pomegrante and chilli powder, black salt, star aniseed and ginger-garlic paste) £3.75
- Prawn patties crumbled and golden fried, mildly flavoured with mint and pepper) £4.25
- Chicken Pao (chicken mince flavoured with capsicum and Bombay pao-bhaji masala, topped with diced onion and served with buttered bread rolls) £3.75
Other starters are available.
- Regional Feasts: select a three-course feast of a region of your choice by choosing a starter, main course and dessert from the same region. Main course is accompanied by side dishes, lentil, rice and bread.
- Delhi regional feast £13.95
- Bombay regional feast £13.95
- Madras regional feast £13.95
Other mains and sides are available.
- A selection of regional desserts are available.
2-3 Denman Street, W1D 7HA
£24 and under
Mon - Sun 12pm - 11:30pm