Missouri is an American grill and restaurant with class. A simply decorated room opposite Aldgate station, it offers a high quality slice of America's finest, including several Missouri (the state) specialties. Divided into Entrées/Slow Cook/Roast and Entrées & Grills, the simple menu is a carnivore's delight. Appetisers include an excellent Maryland crab cake with a smidgen of red pepper jam, while mains feature calves liver, lamb, duck, but it's the five different types of superb steak that set Missouri apart. If you have steak-loving friends, take them here. In fact, if you have chocoholic friends, take them too - for a slab of sunken chocolate with a scoop of mocha ice cream - possibly the best chocolate dessert in London. Excellent, personable service.
Sample a la carte
- New England clam chowder £5.00
- Goats cheese mousseline roast peppers port and balsamic glaze £6.50
- Carpaccio of beef with arugala reggiano lemon dressing £6.00
- Carpaccio of salmon, with key lime dressing £7.00
- Aged Virginia ham, smoked oysters, celeriac & Apple wood cheddar £6.00
Other starters are available.
- Grilled Mahi Mahi arugala, roasted pepper & grilled zucchini salad, lemon cilantro dressing £14.50
- Grilled American cornish chicken with grilled vegetables Creole & herb dressing, chipotle crème fraiche £13.50
- Missouri rub breast of duck with goats cheese & dried tomato tamale £15.00
- Grilled rack of lamb, tomato jam, eggplant & cress salad £15.50
- Prime New York strip steak (10 oz.) french fries, béarnaise sauce £19.00
- Grilled fillet steak (8oz),with asparagus & horseraddish cream £19.50
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts is available.
76 Aldgate High Street, EC3N 1BD
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri: 12pm - 11pm