Honest, comfortable, stylish and fun is a fair description of this design-led bar. Imagine handmade furniture, exposed brickwork, 70s leather sofas, lots of artwork... Much of the décor is inspired Old Street/Hoxton's history as a centre for the crafting of clothing and textiles. Of the two floors, it is the ground floor that serves scrummy, easygoing food - nice nibbles like olives and fries if you just want to snack, to full-on no-way-I'm-sharing-this meals like pork medallions on a sage rosti with spiced apple and crackling covered in a Dijon mustard sauce. Be aware that on Saturdays there is limited food as it is more a drinking and bar situation.
Sample a la carte
- Spinach and roasted garlic soup with basmati rice £4.00
- Roast butternut squash and beetroot salad with grilled goats cheese and pumpkin seeds £6.00
- King prawn 'diavolo' with garlic, chilli and shallots with hot dressed baby gem lettuce £7.00
- Confit duck salad with lardons, crispy rosemary potatoes green beans and orange dressing £7.00
Other starters are available.
- Oven roasted field mushroom, tomato and pine nut tartlet with creamy garlic spinach £7.00
- Crispy pork belly sandwich with saffron apple compote, side salad and fries £9.00
- Lamb and guinness stew with button mushrooms and pearl onions with a puff pastry top served with mashed potatoes £10.00
- House burger with gruyere cheese, crispy pancetta and harissa mayonnaise, served with a side salad and fries £9.00
- Salmon slow cooked in braised tomatoes, capers and olives served with pilau rice £9.00
- Pappardelle pasta bolognese of slow cooked beef shin finished with grated parmesan £9.00
Other main courses are available.
- Chocolate brownie with berry coulis and strawberry ice cream £5.00
- Caramelised peppered pineapple with brioche french toast £4.00
- Shot of espresso over italian style ice cream coated in sugar and nuts £4.00
- Hot apple and cinnamon crumble with syrup and whipped cream £4.50
1 Curtain Road, EC2A 3JX
£24 and Under
Mon - Fri 12pm - 10pm