Elche Restaurante de Tapas
About Elche Restaurante de Tapas
Elche Restaurante de Tapas may sound somewhat exotic a place for Leytonstone, but that's because it's a Spanish restaurant named after the Lady of Elche, an ancient Iberian sculpture. As colourful on the inside as it is on the outside, this charismatic place serves a generous range of good value hot and cold tapas, many of them vegetarian. Specials include crab claws in bread crumbs, and house salad.
The best night to go is Friday night when flamboyant flamenco is performed from 8.45pm. Apparently, to really appreciate this ancient Spanish art you must be in an intimate setting with good friends, food and wine. Sounds good to us.
Sample a la carte
- Pata de cangrejo con alioli (crab claws wrapped in filo pastry) £5.50
- Ensalada rica (mixed salad, chicken, bacon, croiutons and herbs) £5.25
- Chipirones fritos y ensalada (deep fried baby squid and salad) £9.95
- Vieras con bacon (baked scallops wrapped in bacon) £9.95
- Empanada de queso (dee fried goat’s cheese with apple puree) £4.50
Other starters are available.
- Chuleta de ternera (t-bone steak with potatoes and salad) £19.50
- Bacalao frito (fresh cod in spicy ginger batter) £5.75
- Pollo al ajilo (chicken cooked in garlic and olive oil) £5.50
- Pulpo salteado (octopus sauteed with olive oil and paprika) £6.95
- Fusilli pasta (fusilli pasta, prawns, basil, and tomatoes) £5.75
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
567-569 High Rd, Leytonstone, E11 4PB
A 10% service charge will be added to groups of seven or more.
Mon - Sat 12pm - 2.30pm
Mon - Thurs 6.30pm - 11pm, Fri & Sat 6pm - 12am
Sun 12pm - 11pm