Stranded in London
About Stranded in London
Bar the pun, this Italian in the middle of the Strand has plenty to commend it: a friendly atmosphere, warm lighting, and an innate 18th century charm, thanks to the original wood panelling. The back half of this narrow strip of a restaurant is officially a cosy bar, but in practice two thirds of the space is used to seat diners fond of pasta and the satisfying sauces that accompany them. If the best- selling steak in a blue cheese sauce sounds too rich, you may prefer a more earthy bangers and mash or roast beef. There is no (printed) dessert menu; it changes so regularly that your waiter will recite the (on average) seven choices to you.
Sample a la carte
- Parma Ham with Melon or Fruit of the season £6.50
- Tortina Siciliana (Tartlet with aubergine, tomato and mozzarella) £5.50
- Calamari alla Diavola (Spicy grilled squid) £5.95
- Bresaola Valtellina (Cured meat with parmigiano and rocket salad) £5.90
Other starters are available.
- Tagliatelle Pasticciate (Meat sauce with peas and cream) £7.95
- Ravioli Walnut and Gorgonzola (Parcels of pasta with a blue cheese and walnut filling) £8.50
- Pesce Spada alla Griglia (Grilled sword fish with salad) £12.95
- Filleto alla Griglia (Grilled beef fillet served with marinated vegetables) £14.90
- Grilled Liver with Bacon (Served with chips or sautéed potatoes) £8.50
- Lamb Cutlets (Served in a red wine sauce with crusty herbs and sautéed potatoes)£10.50
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
417 Strand, WC2R 0PD
£24 and under
Mon - Sat 12pm - 3pm & 5pm - 11pm
This venue does not take bookings through toptable from 6pm - 7:30pm Wed - Sat