About kiwi kitchen
Kia Ora, the kiwi kitchen, a restaurant that's more kiwi than an all black waving a silver fern on Waitangi day! Set up by New Zealander Matthew Jans and his partner Julia (BBC News 24 business presenter), the kiwi kitchen offers a true taste of God’s own Country. House specialities include NZ whitebait fritters, paua fritters, hangi smoked lamb, NZ green lip mussels, kumara chips, lamb burgers with beetroot and pineapple, venison and lamb shanks - but it's best to save a little room for dessert - hokey pokey ice cream with chocolate fish, perky nana ice cream, pavlova, white chocolate mousse with fresh feijoa. The kiwi kitchen is the only NZ restaurant in the UK - though we certainly hope it’s not the last.
Sample weekend brunch menu
- Pan seared sesame squid salad with kumara crisps, mixed leaves and chilli & lime dressing £5.95
- Aromatic spiced chicken skewers, new zealand piri piri satay dipping sauce with cucumber, mint & coriander £5.95
- Cream of kumara & horopito soup with toasted maori bread £5.50
- A dozen New Zealand green lip mussels pickled with lemon, champagne vinegar & dill £9.50
Other starters are available.
- Slow roasted new zealand lamb shank with warm kumara salad, pea salsa & gravy £10.50
- Chunky steak, onion & cheddar cheese pie with hand cut chips and mixed leaf salad £8.95
- Margarita topped chicken schnitzel with lemon & horopito infused cous cous, sliced tomatoes, rocket and pesto £8.50
- Kiwi kitchen beef burger with tomato relish, chips and mayo £7.50
- Chilli, coriander & lime hoki fish cake with pickled vegetables & crispy noodle salad with toasted peanuts £7.50
- Salad of feijoa, baby gems, radishes, crumbed brie, pine nuts and toasted maori bread with roast plum dressing £7.50
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
404 North End Road, Fulham, SW6 1LU
£25 - £34
Monday - Wednesday 5-10pm
Thursday - Saturday 12-3pm & 6-10pm, Sunday 11-10pm