Event location: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London. Ongoing event.
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London provides an amazing new opportunity to explore the magic of the Harry Potterâ"¢ films - the most successful film series of all time. This unique walking tour takes you behind-the-scenes and showcases a huge array of beautiful sets, costumes and props. It also reveals some closely guarded secrets, including facts about the special effects and animatronics that made these films so hugely popular all over the world.
Platform 9 ¾ and Hogwarts Express
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London has expanded with a new section featuring a recreation of Platform 9 ¾ and the original Hogwarts Express steam engine! This permanent exhibit gives visitors the chance to climb aboard the train's carriage and pose with a luggage trolley as it disappears through the platform wall. Scenes featuring the working train were shot at the Studios, including the iconic last scene in which a grown up Harry, Ron and Hermione wave their own children off to Hogwarts as they leave for school.
Here are just some of the things you can expect to see and do:
- Enjoy watching the first Harry Potter movie on the journey to and from the studios
- Step inside and discover the actual Great Hall.
- Explore Dumbledore's office and discover never-before-seen treasures.
- Step onto the famous cobbles of Diagon Alley, featuring the shop fronts of Ollivanders wand shop, Flourish and Blotts, the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, Gringotts Wizarding Bank and Eeylops Owl Emporium.
- See iconic props from the films, including Harry's Nimbus 2000 and Hagrid's motorcycle.
- Learn how creatures were brought to life with green screen effects, animatronics and life-sized models.
- Rediscover other memorable sets from the film series, including the Gryffindor common room, the boys' dormitory, Hagrid's hut, Potion's classroom and Professor Umbridge's office at the Ministry of Magic.
- Delve into the Dark Arts: see the Malfoy Manor fireplace and table around which Bellatrix Lestrange, the Malfoy family, the Death Eaters and Voldemort sat plus a 20-foot model of Voldemort's snake Nagini!
Hogwarts in the Snow
Things get festive at the studios from 13th November - 31st January 2016, with Christmas at Hogwarts. The Great Hall and the Gryffindor Common Room will be decked in Christmas decorations and the breathtaking model of Hogwarts will be dusted with snow. Enjoy extra special features such as 'lit' fireplaces, different types of 'snow' used during filming and the actual Goblet of Fire, 'lit' with red and blue flames
- Preferred Partners with Warner Bros. Studio Tour London
- Transportation to and from the Studio Tour leaving from Central London
- See the Hogwarts Expressâ"¢ and Platform 9¾
- Step inside the Great Hall and wander down Diagon Alleyâ"¢
- Get up-close to props, effects and costumes from the Harry Potterâ"¢ film series
- Watch Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone on the journey, on an air-conditioned coach
- Travel on Warner Bros. Studio Tour London branded bus with free Wi-Fi*
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour London is rated 5 stars on TripAdvisor with over 15,900 'Excellent' reviews! Winner of Certificate of Excellence 2014.
When Can I Go?
Day of Operation: Daily
This tour runs daily at:
- 5:00pm Entrance (departs 3:00pm, check-in closes 2:45pm)
- 6:00pm Entrance (departs 4:00pm, check-in closes 3:45pm)
5:00pm Entrance (departs studio 8:30pm, arrives in Victoria at approx. 10:00pm)
6:00pm Entrance (departs studio 9:30pm, arrives in Victoria at approx.11:00pm)
Where do I go?
Victoria: 4 Fountain Square, 121-151 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9SH
Baker Street: Dorset Square, Bus Stop S on Gloucester Place - near Baker Street Station, off Marylebone Road (Click here to view map or Click here for directions from Baker Street Station)