A trendy bar-restaurant in the self-consciously fashionable Clerkenwell, Cicada's mix of strong design, fun, and inexpensive food continues to attract a regular media industry crowd. There's a large, airy bar for the boozers, and top notch Pan Asian goodies served from an open plan kitchen for the peckish. Miso soup, delicate dim sum, tempura, sashimi and curries are all here, as well as some scrumptious barbeque specials. The wine list is extensive, though cocktails (from £6) are the drink of choice. When things heat up, head downstairs to the bijou club room. Or, on summer evenings, be seen sitting outside with a Bangkok bellini or three. Cicada has it all.
Sample a la carte
- Edamame, soy & mirin £3.00
- Chilli tofu, nasu dengaku & shiso leaf £6.00
- Crispy pork belly, soy & black vinegar £5.50
- Beef san choi bau £6.50
Other starters & dim sum are available.
- Black cod, sweet miso £16.50
- Salt & pepper chicken £11.00
- Red aubergine & lychee / chicken £9.50
- Prawn, coconut & betel leaf £12.50
- Chopped salad, sesame & soy £8.00
- Rare tuna, red nahm jim £10.50
Other mains are available.
- Iced berries, white chocolate £6.00
- Warm chocolate pudding, green tea ice cream £6.50
- Lemon tart, lemon vodka sorbet £6.00
- Chocolate & honeycomb mochi £6.00
132 - 136 St John Street, Farringdon, EC1V 4JT
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 11pm
Sat 12pm - 11pm
Bar: Mon - Fri 12pm - 11pm
Sat 6pm - 11pm