The Light Restaurant and Bar
About The Light Restaurant and Bar
A lively, buzzy, stylish eatery and meeting place in an exciting part of town. The Light is a newcomer on the Shoreditch scene which is attracting lots of positive attention. The funky decor and French/Mediterranean menu, attract a young, vivacious crowd, including city folk, media and design types. Lunch is busy, evenings romantic, and you won’t have to shout your sweet nothings over the pulsing background music, because there isn’t any.
Aaah, start with a half-dozen oysters served with shallot vinaigrette, pickled lemon and chilli salsa, either with a pint of Guinness or a glass of champagne. Main favourites include oxtail in crepinette, with celeriac puree, roast shallots and root veg. Blistering wine list.
Sample a la carte
- Beef tea consommé with herb brioche dumplings & pearl barley £6.50
- Szechwan pepper crusted swordfish with a salad of coriander cress enoki mushrooms & kecap manis £7.00
- Crab & artichoke tart with a light garlic sauce £7.00
- Tortellini stuffed with aubergine caviar, with a piquant vine tomato sauce £6.50
Other starters are available.
- Slow cooked shoulder of lamb with a hazelnut honey & apricot, crust with peas & bacon £17.00
- Roasted poussin with bok choi, sweet & sour sauce £16.00
- Lightly smoked organic salmon with brown prawns, peperard & sorrel £16.00
- Pan roasted Icelandic cod with garlic pomme puree, & a pancetta crisp £16.00
- Spiced vegetables with taleggio & picked lentils £14.00
- Roasted château briande with black peppered potatoes, smoked foie gras & parsley puree £40.00 (for 2 people)
Other main courses are available
- Tapioca & tonka bean, white chocolate and blueberry sauce £6.00
- Peach Melba £6.00
- Apple & walnut crumble £6.00
- Chocolate brownie £6.00
Other desserts are available.
233 Shoreditch High Street, Shoreditch, E1 6PJ
£25 to £34
Mon - Fri 12.00pm - 3.30pm, 6.30pm - 11.30pm. Sat 6.30pm - 11.30pm
Bar: Mon - Wed 12pm - 12am, Thurs & Fri 12pm - 2am, Sat 6.30pm - 2am