Kathmandu Nepalese Restaurant
About Kathmandu Nepalese Restaurant
Kathmandu Nepalese Restaurant is a delightfully authentic and welcoming eatery in Battersea's Lavender Hill. The candlelit dining room is bright and colourful - with striped red chairs, exposed bricks and Nepalese artworks - seducing you inside with authentic spicy smells. Kathmandu's charming staff are proud of their traditional menu, and the restaurant buys a lot of its produce and utensils from local Nepalese suppliers. The food is beautifully presented and favourite dishes include Momo - steamed minced pork marinated in spices and wrapped in dough, Macha Tareko - pan-fried local fish served with Nepali risotto, and Mari Napa Chana - homemade bread served with chick peas and spices.
Sample a la carte
- Quati (a nepalese traditional soup of different beans and lentils) £2.50
- Samay bajee (authentic assorted starter served during religious ceremony) £4.50
- Duqu yu chop (lamb pieces dipped in batter & spices and deep fried) £4.25
- Kha yu sekuwa (barbequed marinated pieces of chicken) £3.75
Other starters are available.
- Kha yu laa (fresh chicken fillet cooked with onions, tomato, garlic and spices) £5.50
- Bangoor yu laa (diced pieces of pork cooked with onions, tomato, garlic and spices) £5.50
- Duqu yu laa (lamb cooked in special spices, blended with exotic herbs) £6.50
- Nya (fresh codling, pan fried in olive oil and served with fresh tomato sauce) £5.50
- Momo chicken(10 pieces of minced marinated chicken with aromatic spices, wrapped in dough served steam cooked) £5.50
- Wauncha tarkari (stir-fried seasonal green vegetables) £3.50
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
133 Lavender Hill, SW11 5QJ
£25 - £34
Tue - Sun 12pm - 2:30pm & 6pm - 11pm