Woodlands - Piccadilly
About Woodlands - Piccadilly
With an in-town buzz, a full house, bright decor and a very special menu, Woodlands Panton Street is one of vegetarian London’s absolute top spots. The ambience is quite laid-back and casual, a relief from the madness of the West End. Vibrant red walls and plain pine tables make it clear that no one has to suffer with monastic decor for their scruples. The Woodlands menu is
a snapshot of all that is wonderful in South Indian vegetarian and vegan cuisine. Try starters like vegetable samosas, quick-fried battered spicy cashewnuts, or lentil doughnuts in yoghurt, main courses gorgeous dosas (sort of Indian crepes) offered with a variety of fillings, like seasoned potato, onions, and peas, served with lentil soup and cocoanut chutney, or one of the special dishes like chickpeas in tomato and ilght masala sauce. Or just order one of the thalis and let the chefs decide for you!
Sample a la carte
- Dahi vada (a refreshing dish of lentil doughnuts immersed in cool yoghurt £4.25
- Potato Bonda (seasoned potatoes, nuts and mild spice fried in a gram flour batter) £4.25
- Upma (warm cream of wheat cooked with nuts, and served with coconut chutney) £3.75
- Kancheepuran idli (traditional rice and lentil puffs studded with green chilli, pepper and cashewnuts) £4.25
Other starters are available.
- Paneer dosa (pancake filled with homemade cottage cheese and mild spice) £5.25
- Vegetable cutlet uthappams (South Indial lentil pizza with garden vegetables seasoned in a mild spice, coated and fried in golden breadcrumbs and served with a mixed salad) £5.50
- Channa (tender chickpeas simmered in a delicious tomato and light masala sauce £5.25
- Bhajji (brunoise of mixed vegetables cooked in a hot sauce and finished with green peppers for flavour £5.25
Other main courses are available
- Gulab Jamun (homemade condensed milk in a rose and saffron syrup) £3.75
- Jaggery dosa with ice cream (golden butter crepe smothered with warm sugar cane) £3.75
- Kulfi (delicious, smooth Indain ice cream in either mango, pistachio, almond and Malai flavours) £2.95
- Badam Halwa (milk, sugar, butter crushed almonds and saffron cooked to a secret recipe to create this Woodlands speciality) £4.50
Other desserts are available.
37 Panton Street, SW1Y 4EA
£24 and Under