Suffolk Street

4, Pall Mall East (SW1) Named from being built on the site of Suffolk Place, the splendid mansion of Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk. After his death in 1545 it became the property of the King, who established on its site a royal mint, from which the present Mint Street derives its name. (Reference: Jesse's London, vol. III, p. 422)